Our website address is: https://propshophallandco.com.
E D Hall & Co Ltd (“WE”) RESPECT AND VALUE YOUR PRIVACY
This policy (together with our terms and conditions, and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We keep certain basic information when you visit our website and recognise the importance of keeping that information secure and letting you know what we will do with it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is E D Hall & Co Ltd, 7 Crown Street, St Ives, Cambridgeshire, PE27 5EB (registration number 11215691).
This policy only applies to our site. If you leave our site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider. We have no control over that policy or the terms of the website and you should check their policy before continuing to access the site.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
– Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site http://www.hallandcoeventdesign.co.uk (our site). This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our newsletter or requesting further information or services.
– If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
– We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
– Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, operating system, browser usage and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to reportaggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsingactions and patterns and does not identify any individual and we will not collect personal information in this way.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferredto your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better andmore personalised service. They enable us:
– To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
– To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
– To speed up your searches.
– To recognise you when you return to our site.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
– To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
– To periodically provide you with newsletters and information (email and post) where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. Each newsletter sent will have an‘unsubscribe’ button should you wish to do so.
– To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
– To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
– To notify you about changes to our service.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
– In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
– If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
– We do share your information with trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business and servicing clients and visitors.
– Under the current ownership of this business, we will never sell your personal information for marketing purposes or disclose this to unrelated third parties.
We only collect the personal information you voluntarily provide to us which may include:
– Your email address in order to subscribe to our mailing list.
– Your name, email address and/or social media profile in order to post a comment on our blog via third party provider.
Please be aware that when you use our Site to post comments and share other information, any information that you provide may not be secure and can be collected and used by others. As a result, you should exercise caution before you make such disclosures.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Updated March June 2020