A ceremony area is one of the most important areas as this is the first place your guests will see before the wedding reception and this will most likely be the only time everyone will slow down, pause and take everything in. Be sure to make it meaningful and reflect your style and one last thing, don’t forget how you want your pictures to look too!
Planning your ceremony can be one of the most stressful parts of the day as there is so many parts to plan including, readings, music, seating, ring exchange and its the part that needs to be planned down to a fine T. So with all of this in mind, we thought we would share some of our favourite ceremony set ups for inspiration.
- Bespoke backdrops are a creative way when you would like to add a unique touch to your event. Backdrops are a popular options due to them being so versatile and adaptable. Top tip: these can be used again for a photobooth back drop or to frame the wedding cake.
2. Florals are great stand alone pieces and also frame you as a couple perfectly! Adding flowers to your ceremony means you will have a better flow of style throughout the whole day, with the buttonholes, bridal bouquets etc. Again floral displays can be re-used elsewhere, this backdrop was paired with our 70’s style peacock chair to create a photobooth area for guests.
3. Candles are a great prop to use when you are looking to create a cosy and intimate ceremony area, especially in the winter months. Candles create a low lighting and makes it gives a romantic feel throughout, you can use different styles of candles to either create a relaxed atmosphere or use tapered candles to create a formal set up. Lets not forget the greenery as it gives the area dimension and adds texture.
4. A Natural environment and a rug is so simple but yet so effective. The rug helps frame the couple and the natural environment is a great picture opportunity and doesn’t take the eye away from the couple in their special moment.
5. Personalised signs seem to be a new trend to add to your ceremony set up. Tying the colour, font and style in with the style of your day and stationery means that it can be used elsewhere once the ceremony is over. This set up reflects more of a relaxed, laidback vibe but is still a perfect area for your ceremony. What could be better than a unique ceremony set up and the beautiful outdoors?
If you need help with choosing your colour palette before planning the style of your ceremony set up then check out the ‘how to choose a colour palette for your wedding or event’ blog or get in touch with one of our team and one of our stylists will be happy to help.